A lot of people think that sales are all about luck. If you think that, it means that you don’t believe you have anything to do with your success. In addition, you also believe that YOU can’t control whether or not YOU fail. If that’s the case, sales would feel like a very scary place.
I am sure you will have a hard time understanding this; but, I have always made exactly what I needed to make, and I have been in sales for over 20+ years. The hard part was to learn to make more than I needed.
Here are a couple of things that, if applied, will help you close more deals:
1. Make sure you are 80% ears and 20% mouth – Listen to your customers.
2. It’s easier to sell something that people want. Get them to “want it” and they will sell themselves.
3. The average person buys a product after saying no 8 times. Ask to buy at least 9 times.
4. Use the closing formula: (1) I can appreciate that but have you thought of this (2) New close (3) Ask for the order (4) Repeat if necessary.
5. Always answer a question with a question.
6. Memorize the 66 Sales Clinchers
7. Never short cut the demo!
8. If YOU “say” something about the product, the customer will think that you are lying because you are the “Salesperson”. However, what you really want to learn is, to get the CUSTOMER to say whatever it is that YOU want them to “say”. If you do this, the customer will think it’s the gospel, because THEY said it, and THEY know, that THEY wouldn’t lie to themselves!
9. You can get the “Customer” to say what “You” want them to say, by asking questions “You” already know the answers to. Make sure the answers are all geared toward positive reasons that they should own your product.
10. Come to work every day. The harder you work the luckier you get.
NOTE: Whenever possible the names of any sources that have contributed are mentioned. With that said, tracing the origin of any wisdom learned can be difficult. I have done my best to list these sources on our website under the page titled “Sources”.